The Marsham Court Hotel opened in 1913, occupying one of two neighboring houses on the East Cliff
A Mr and Mrs Marsh – who had a ham curing business – originally owned the building and supposedly put together the words Marsh and ham.
By 1923, demand for the hotel’s 13 rooms had become so great that the neighboring house was bought and linked to provide 41 rooms.
Current owner/directors Rosie, James and Russell are 4th generation hoteliers, whose parents bought the hotel in 1987, when it was in need of substantial refurbishment. They continue to invest in the hotel, building on its’ hard-earned reputation for quality, service and attention to detail.